Thursday, December 5, 2013

GUMPTION--AGAIN

It's that time of year again.  Time for my favorite movie to make it's way to the top of my list of movies to watch and for me to revisit all those important lessons.

Now, since this is the third time this movie has been the subject of a post on this blog, I should probably reveal its title.  The Holiday!  Yes, my friends, my favorite movie is The Holiday.  I realize that there are hundreds of Christmas themed movies that could, and probably should, have a greater impact on my life, but they have paled in comparison.

The movie is the story of two very different women in two different countries.  But it is so much more than a movie.  If you look at the storyline of Iris, you pretty much have the screenplay of my life!  Sure, the names and situations have been changed, but it's me on the screen.  Those that know me best instantly see the similarities in our situations.  Our heroine is not very heroic at the beginning.  She is filled with the kind of hope that blinds her to the reality of her situation.  And then reality comes and smacks her upside the head--big time.

Really, it's all about gumption!  It's about finding your gumption.  It's about seeing gumption in others.  It's about using your gumption.  It's about holding on to you gumption.

And it's exactly what I need on days like today when I'm questioning my gumption. 

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how a movie, a song, or a poem can change our outlooks for the better. Glad you found your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete